Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This savory tart, somewhere between a pizza and a pie, with its free-form crust makes a casual meal served warm.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. In medium skillet, heat 1 Tbs. oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened and golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer onions to bowl. Heat remaining tablespoon oil in skillet. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until softened and juices have evaporated, about 6 minutes. Season with pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add mushrooms to bowl with onions and mix gently.
- Lay dough flat on baking sheet. Distribute onion-mushroom mixture evenly on top, leaving 1-inch border.
- Dot with chèvre, and sprinkle with thyme and pepper to taste.
- Starting from outer edge of onion mixture, arrange tomato slices on top. Sprinkle with pinch of salt and pepper.
- Fold pastry over topping, crimping dough every inch or two.
- Bake until crust is golden, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool slightly. Cut into 4 wedges and serve warm.
- Serving Size 4 Servings
- Calories 260
- Carbohydrate Content 48 g
- Cholesterol Content 15 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 190 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g