- 1. In large pot over medium heat, combine onion, mushrooms and garlic with 1 tablespoon water. Cook, stirring often, until softened, about 4 minutes.
- 2. Add zucchini, bell pepper, tomatoes, tomato sauce, parsley and any seasonings from the variations below. Cook, uncovered, over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, 1 hour.
- Stir in spinach. Cook just until spinach wilts, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve over potatoes or grains.
Italian: Add 1 teaspoon each dried basil and dried oregano. Use Italian-style stewed tomatoes.
Cajun: Add 1 teaspoon dried basil and 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce. Use Cajun-style stewed tomatoes.
Mexican: Add 1 teaspoon each dried basil and chili powder. Use Mexican-style stewed tomatoes.
- Calories 162
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g