A mixture of sweet and salty, crunchy and soft, this Mediterranean-inspired salad keeps taste buds excited.
- 1 pound red watermelon, rind removed and cut in 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 pound yellow watermelon, rind removed and cut in 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 4 heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons small fresh basil leaves
- 4 ounces mild fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted unsalted cashews
- Divide the watermelon pieces and tomatoes among four salad plates. Drizzle each plate with olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Top with the basil, goat cheese, and cashews before serving.
Also: Read the full article about Mediterranean cuisine, Food for Life.
Recipe reprinted with permission True Food: Seasonal Sustainable, Simple, Pure by Andrew Weil.