Don't be fooled into thinking that a great-tasting homemade soup needs long, slow cooking to prepare. This satisfying soup is ready in just 15 minutes.
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 6 shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 7 cups vegetable broth
- 5 cups chopped escarole
- 9-oz. pkg. mushroom tortellini or tortelloni, cooked
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a simmer. Add escarole and cook 2 minutes. Add cooked tortellini and heat through. Serve hot, sprinkled with Parmesan if desired.
- Serving Size: 6 Servings
- Calories: 206
- Carbohydrate Content: 13 g
- Cholesterol Content: 55 mg
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 315 mg