Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Tortellini add a satisfying goodness to this vegetable stew. Youll find them in the frozen foods section of most supermarkets, shelved near ravioli and other frozen pastas.
MEAL PLAN: This stew is nicely balanced with a salad of mixed greens with seedless orange sections and a few slivered toasted almonds tossed with a red wine vinaigrette. Serve with breadsticks on the side.
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add tortellini, stirring to prevent sticking, and cook according to package directions until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large saucepan, heat oil over low heat. Add garlic, and cook. Stir often, until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in spinach, tomatoes, oregano and basil. Increase heat to medium, and bring to a simmer. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Drain tortellini well, then stir into tomato mixture along with parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve in shallow bowls, sprinkled with Parmesan if desired.
- Serving Size 6 servings
- Calories 198
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 98 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 411 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g