Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Incorporating some classic flavor and ingredient combinations, this sumptuous entrée calls for a tossed salad with assertive greens. A simple apple tart makes the perfect conclusion.
- Cook tortelloni according to package directions. Drain, and set aside.
- Melt margarine in saucepan over medium heat, and stir in flour. Cook, stirring constantly, about 30 seconds, or until flour is completely incorporated with margarine. Add milk all at once, stirring constantly, and continue cooking over medium heat until mixture thickens slightly.
- Add cheese, three-quarters of mushrooms, nutmeg, salt and pepper, reduce heat and continue cooking over medium-low heat until cheese melts.
- To serve, place pasta in large bowl, pour cheese-mushroom mixture over top and garnish with remaining mushrooms and parsley.
This easy-to-prepare pasta sauce calls for an easy-to-drink red wine that will heighten the mushroom-cheese mix. Focus your wine choice on E&M Guigal Côtes-du-Rhône.
- Serving Size Serves 4 to 6
- Calories 360
- Carbohydrate Content 28 g
- Cholesterol Content 55 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content 10 g
- Sodium Content 400 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g