Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you
sign up for Outside+.
In India,a meal most commonly ends with a fresh-fruit dessert similar to this refreshing tropical salad.
- 2 large ripe mangoes,peeled and chopped
- 2 ripe papayas,peeled and chopped
- 3 ripe guavas,canned if fresh is not available,halved and scooped into chunks
- 8 red grapes,preferably seedless,halved
- 8 white grapes,preferably seedless,halved
- 1 small pineapple,peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 bananas,peeled and sliced 1 red apple,peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 fresh figs,quartered
- 2 kiwis,peeled and sliced
- 1 Tbs.confectioners’sugar
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds,toasted
- 1 cup low-fat fromage blanc or plain low-fat yogurt
- In large serving bowl, combine fruit and toss gently to mix.
- Sprinkle salad with confectioner’s sugar and almonds.
- Serve salad with fromage blanc,if desired.
- Serving Size 4 SERVINGS
- Calories 480
- Carbohydrate Content 112 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 17 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 40 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g