Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This unusual dessert can be made as triangles or as rolls as well. If you can’t find coconut syrup, use the thick, presweetened cream of coconut mixture used for bar drinks and found in the mixes section of your supermarket.
- To make Filling: Cut papayas or mangoes and banana into bite-sized pieces. Put fruit, seasonings, coconut and sour cream into bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray 8×8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- To make Filo: Remove 8 to 10 sheets filo from package, covering remaining filo with plastic wrap. Cut filo to fit pan. Spray every sheet or every other sheet with nonstick cooking spray, or brush with butter as you place them in pan. Spread fruit mixture on top of filo layers. Remove another 8 to 10 sheets filo from package, and top filling with remaining filo, spraying or brushing sheets as before.
- Bake about 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool slightly, slice and serve with scoop of ice cream and lime wedge. Have bowl of coconut syrup on table for topping, if desired.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 170
- Carbohydrate Content 35 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 125 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g