In France, fresh truffles are sometimes referred to as “black diamonds,” fetching as much as $500 per pound. Truffle oil provides the same complex flavor at a fraction of the price. (Truffle oils vary in intensity, so start with the smallest amount recommended and adjust according to taste.)
- 1/2-cup servingServings
- 2 lb. fingerling or Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 large cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 2-3 Tbs. truffle oil
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped parsley
1. Bring potatoes, garlic, and enough water to cover all by 1 inch to a boil in medium saucepan. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer 20 minutes, or until potatoes are soft when pricked with fork. Drain, and reserve 1 cup cooking liquid.
2. Return potatoes and garlic to saucepan; mash with reserved cooking water until smooth. Stir in truffle oil and parsley, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 170
- Carbohydrate Content: 61 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 7 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g