If you want to know what the fuss is about when it comes to truffle oil, try it on potatoes. The flavor and fragrance of earthy mushrooms really comes through—and a little goes a long way.
- 1 lb. baby red-skinned potatoes, halved
- 3 Tbs. low-fat milk
- 3 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. truffle oil
- 1 6-oz. can sliced mushrooms, drained
- Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water 10 minutes, or until soft. Drain, and cool 10 to 15 minutes, or until easy to handle.
- Scoop out centers of potato halves with melon baller. Place shells on baking sheet. Mash flesh with milk, Parmesan cheese, and truffle oil until very smooth. Season with salt and pepper, and transfer to small resealable plastic bag.
- Preheat oven to broil. Snip corner of bag, and squeeze potato mixture into potato shells. Garnish each with mushroom slice, and broil 7 to 9 minutes, or until tops are browned and crispy.
- Serving Size: Makes 24 poppers
- Calories: 21
- Carbohydrate Content: 4 g
- Cholesterol Content: 1 mg
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 70 mg