For a heartier dish, add diced and browned tofu or serve with gluten-free pasta.
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 8-oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 15.5-oz. cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz. can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 2 Tbs. coarsely chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 Tbs. capers, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add garlic and zucchini, cover and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, beans and artichoke hearts, and cook until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
2. Add olives, capers and half the parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with remaining parsley.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 380
- Carbohydrate Content: 68 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 20 g
- Protein Content: 23 g
- Sodium Content: 1 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g