Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
To peel mango, hold it with palm of one hand, with seed horizontal to surface of palm. Using sharp knife in other hand, peel skin off one side, starting at stem end. Slice off flesh, down side of seed. Turn over, and repeat process with other side. Cut flesh into squares or wedges, and trim off edges around seed. Cut squares or wedges away from skin, and discard skin and seed.
- To make Two-Bean Salad: Bring water to a boil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add rice, cover pan, reduce heat to low and cook for 40 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine beans, mango, celery, scallions, cucumber and tomatoes in mixing bowl. Add cooked rice, cover and set aside in refrigerator.
- To make Ginger-Lime Dressing: Combine all ingredients in measuring cup or small mixing bowl, and stir well to mix thoroughly.
- To serve, toss dressing with rice mixture, and serve with slotted spoon. Cover, and refrigerate any leftover salad.
- Serving Size Serves 8
- Calories 203
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 54 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g