Cold salads are some of my favorite foods to make—and eat—at parties. The secret to this one? A killer dressing with just enough sweetness and tang.
- Two-Bean Salad
- 1/2 lb. green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 15-oz. can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 6-oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Italian parsley
- Tarragon Dressing
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cups olive oil
- 1 Tbs. fresh tarragon
- To make Two-Bean Salad: Fill large pot with 1 inch water and set steamer basket in pot. Cover, and bring water to a boil. Place green beans in steamer basket. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and steam 2 to 3 minutes, or until green beans are crisp-tender. Cool.
- Toss green beans with all remaining salad ingredients in large serving bowl.
- To make Tarragon Dressing: Blend vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, garlic, salt and pepper in blender or food processor until smooth. With machine running, gradually add oil and tarragon through feed tube, and blend until smooth. Pour dressing over salad, and toss to coat. Serve at room temperature.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 161
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 359 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g