For this quick-as-a-snap vegetable dish, use baby bok choy, if available. Otherwise, substitute the mature heads.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine soy sauce, mirin and cornstarch in small bowl, stir well and set aside.
- Heat oil in large wok or skillet over medium heat. When hot, add tempeh and mushrooms, and stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes. Add ginger, garlic and bok choy, and stir-fry 30 seconds. Add soy sauce mixture and vegetable stock, and continue to cook until bok choy is softened and mixture thickens, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- To serve, place portion of noodles on individual plates, and top with portion of bok choy and tempeh.
This is great for trying different wine pairings: the earthy elements match Pinot Noir; the lively elements match Riesling—especially if you add some heat; and the overall weight of the dish matches Shiraz/Syrah.
- Serving Size Serves 4
- Calories 460
- Carbohydrate Content 61 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 22 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 710 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g