Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Using all of the green vegetables listed will produce a luscious and unusual pie.
- Preheat oven to 450F. Prebake fresh pizza crust, if using, for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool slightly.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and saut8E onions for 3 to 4 minutes. Add broccoli, artichokes, zucchini and asparagus. Cover, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally until vegetables begin to soften. Remove from heat, and add spinach. Stir mixture until spinach has just begun to wilt, for approximately 1 minute.
- Spoon pesto sauce on crust, spreading it evenly. Top with cooked vegetables, and sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cheeses melt completely. Remove from oven, and serve.
A medium-bodied Italian red would be a good match for the artichokes, asparagus and pesto in this pizza. Try the Siema Rosso Lodali or the Rosso di Montalcino, both simple, earthy reds.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 430
- Carbohydrate Content 34 g
- Cholesterol Content 30 mg
- Fat Content 24 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 700 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g