Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This pizza sounds unusual, but the addition of mashed potatoes adds a pleasing taste and texture. If you are using leftover mashed potatoes, reheat them so that theyll spread more easily. To make roasted garlic, cut 1/2 to 1 inch off top of a full head of garlic, drizzle garlic with 1 tablespoon olive oil, wrap head in aluminum foil and roast for 1 hour at 400F. Cool, then squeeze roasted garlic out of the cloves and onto the pizza crust. For garlic lovers, double the amount of garlic.
- Preheat oven to 450F. Prebake fresh pizza crust, if using, for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool slightly.
- Brush pizza crust with olive oil, if using, and spread roasted garlic on crust. Top with spoonfuls of potatoes, spreading potatoes evenly over garlic, 1DA2- to 1-inch thick. Spoon ricotta, if using, over potatoes, and top with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until cheese melts and pizza is hot all the way through.
A not-too-snappy Italian white would be a terrific match with the roasted garlic and gooey cheeses. Try the Forchir Villa del Borgo Friuli Pinot Grigio or the Movia Italian Chardonnay.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 340
- Carbohydrate Content 42 g
- Cholesterol Content 35 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 650 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g