These elegant hors d'oeuvres are a great way to reinvent holiday leftovers!
- SPRING ROLLS
- 3 oz. rice noodles
- 3 shiitake mushroom caps, sliced
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 12 spring roll wrappers or rice paper wrappers
- 2 cups thin strips vegan turkey roast, or 1 5.5-oz. pkg. vegan turkey slices cut into thin strips
- 1 small cucumber, sliced into matchsticks (1 cup)
- 2 small carrots, sliced into matchsticks (1 cup)
- 1 medium avocado, diced (1 cup)
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- ½ small red onion, minced (½ cup)
- ½ cup plain peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp. chili oil
- DIPPING SAUCE
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 green onion, minced
To make Spring Rolls:
1. Submerge rice noodles in warm water 8 to 10 minutes, until soft and clear. Drain, and cut noodles into 2-inch pieces. Set aside. Toss mushrooms with soy sauce in bowl, and set aside.
2. Submerge 1 spring roll wrapper in large bowl of cold water 2 to 3 minutes, or until softened. Lay wrapper flat on work surface and arrange rice noodles, vegan-turkey strips, cucumber, carrots, avocado, basil, cilantro, onion, and peanuts in log shape in center of wrapper. Sprinkle with chili oil, and roll wrapper like burrito, folding ends to seal.
To make Dipping Sauce:
3. Combine rice wine vinegar and green onion in small bowl. Serve Spring Rolls, whole or halved, with Dipping Sauce.
- Serving Size: Makes 12 medium rolls
- Calories: 234
- Carbohydrate Content: 38 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 168 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g