Because of their fat content, smooth texture and moisture content, silken and soft tofu are good choices as substitutes for eggs in baked goods.
- To make Vanilla Pound Cake: Preheat oven to 350F. Coat 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Blend tofu, sugar, oil, soymilk and vanilla extract in food processor until smooth.
- Whisk together cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Fold in tofu mixture. Pour into loaf pan, and bake 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes, then unmold and cool on wire rack until just warm.
- To make Lime Glaze: Whisk together sugar and lime juice in small bowl until smooth. Drizzle over top of cake. Cool cake completely before serving to allow glaze to set.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 343
- Carbohydrate Content 58 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 547 mg
- Sugar Content 30 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g