Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Seitan and cottage cheese get blended together for veg meatballs that will fool even diehard omnivores. This recipe makes a lot—leftovers are great in sandwiches or can be reheated. Recipe adapted from The Family Dinner.
1. Pulse seitan in food processor until finely ground. Transfer to bowl, and add all ingredients except oil, tomato sauce, and feta. Mash mixture with hands or potato masher until mixture comes together. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Chill 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat baking dish with oil. Scoop seitan mixture into golf ball–size meatballs, and place in prepared baking dish. Bake 20 minutes.
3. Pour tomato sauce over meatballs, and sprinkle with feta (if using). Bake 30 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly.
- Serving Size Serves 12 (Makes 48 meatballs)
- Calories 168
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 16 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 684 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g