Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Bakers brand of chocolate contains no animal products. But if you decide to try another brand, check to make sure it is all-vegan. If you prefer, garnish pudding with vegan whipped cream and sliced straw- berries or other seasonal berries. What makes this pudding so special is its ultra-rich taste and dense, chocolatey flavor. You may want to serve brownies alongside.
- Mix cocoa and sugar, and set aside. Mix egg replacer and cornstarch with 3/4 cup soymilk, and set aside for later use.
- Place chocolate and margarine in top half of double boiler, and melt gently over simmering water, making sure that water does not touch bottom of top insert.
- Heat remaining soymilk in separate saucepan over medium-low heat. Grad- ually mix in egg-and-cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly. When mixture has thickened and bubbles slightly, remove pan from heat. Stir in melted chocolate and margarine mixture until well combined.
- Remove pudding from heat, set aside to cool and spoon into individual cups or glasses. Garnish as desired.
- Serving Size SERVES 10
- Calories 310
- Carbohydrate Content 43 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 120 mg
- Sugar Content 29 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g