This vegan egg nog was a challenge to create, but the result is a sweet, mild, rich-tasting drink. If you choose to add liquor, be aware that the flavor comes through much more strongly in this lower-fat nog, so start with the smaller amount called for and add more to taste.
- 5-OZ. SERVINGServings
- 2 10.5-oz. pkgs. soft, silken tofu
- 16 oz. vanilla soymilk or rice milk
- 1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbs. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/2 to 1 cup rum or brandy, optional
- In blender or food processor, combine all ingredients except nutmeg; blend thoroughly, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides of bowl. Serve well-chilled and dusted with nutmeg.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 235
- Carbohydrate Content: 26 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 55 mg