No artificial seasonings, colors, or sodium-laced instant mixes here! All the flavor comes from oven-roasted onions, a dash of soy sauce, and dried thyme.
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2 -inch-thick slices
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 12-oz. container vegan sour cream, such as Tofutti
- 1/2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 450˚F. Toss together onion, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper on baking sheet. Bake 18 minutes, or until onion slices are browned. Transfer onion to bowl, and cool.
- Coarsely chop onion slices, and return to bowl; stir in sour cream, soy sauce, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to serving bowl and enjoy with chips, crackers, and veggies.
- Serving Size: Makes 2 1/4 cups
- Calories: 20
- Carbohydrate Content: 1 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 129 mg