Make this colorful main course a day ahead to give flavors a chance to meld.
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 Tbs. curry powder
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 1 head cauliflower, stemmed and separated into florets (about 2 1/2 lb.)
- 1 cup brown lentils, rinsed
- 2 14.5-oz. cans low-sodium diced tomatoes with juice
- Heat oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, and cook 5 minutes, or until softened, stirring often.
- Stir in curry powder, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add sweet potatoes, cauliflower, lentils, tomatoes with juice and 1 1/2 cups water. Season to taste with salt.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes, or until lentils and sweet potatoes are tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into shallow bowls.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 250
- Carbohydrate Content: 47 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 15 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Sodium Content: 243 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g