Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Sometimes you just want pot pie. This one is wholesome, delicious, and freezer-friendly. Make a batch, and freeze some for heat-and-eat weeknight meals. Poultry seasoning (yep, it’s veg) is the secret flavor booster in this recipe.
1. To make Dough: Whisk together flours and salt in bowl. Cut or rub margarine into flour mixture until no large pieces remain. Stir in 3 to 4 Tbs. cold water until smooth dough forms. Wrap in plastic wrap, and chill while making Filling.
2. To make Filling: Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add leek, celery, carrots, and mushrooms; sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until tender. Stir in flour and garlic, and cook 1 minute. Add potatoes, broth, and poultry seasoning. Cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in cashew butter (if using), and cook 1 minute more. Remove from heat, and stir in asparagus, peas, and corn.
3. Preheat oven to 400°F. Roll out Dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into 8 4-inch rounds.
4. Divide Filling among 8 1-cup ramekins. Place dough rounds on top, pressing dough around sides of ramekins with fork to crimp and seal. Poke hole in top of each pot pie. Place pot pies on baking sheet, and bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until tops are golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size Serves 8
- Calories 244
- Carbohydrate Content 35 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 207 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g