Vary the recipe by using different cheeses or substituting other vegetables for the zucchini, tomatoes and corn called for here. When cooking, keep turning them in the pan until the tortilla is very hot and the filling melts.
- 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 tsp. minced jalapeño pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 medium tomato, chopped ( 1/3 cup)
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped ( 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeño, garlic, tomato, green onion, zucchini and corn. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables start to soften, about 2 minutes. Add cilantro and pepper. Set aside in a colander to drain over a bowl.
- Place tortillas in a hot, dry medium skillet over medium heat or on a hot grill. Warm until pliable, then spoon 2 tablespoons each of the vegetables and cheese. Fold tortillas in half and toast for about 2 minutes on each side or until quesadillas are lightly browned. Serve hot.
- Serving Size: 6 Servings
- Calories: 108
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 81 mg