This Thai-inspired dish features a tangy peanut sauce. It’s ideal served over rice. Try this recipe with mangoes as well.
- Generous pinch of dried lemongrass or 1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- Peanut sauce: In small bowl, stir together all sauce ingredients until well blended. Stir in 5 teaspoons water or enough to thin to consistency of ketchup. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring medium saucepan of water to a boil. Have ready bowl of ice water. Drop peaches into boiling water and boil 45 seconds. Using slotted spoon, transfer to ice water. When cool enough to handle, peel, halve and pit peaches, then transfer to small bowl and mash to puree.
- In wok or large, heavy skillet, heat chili oil over medium-high heat. Add scallions, garlic and ginger and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Stir in peach puree, tofu, broccoli, bean sprouts, carrots and water chestnuts. Add rice vinegar and stir 1 minute. Add peanut sauce and stir well to coat vegetables and tofu. Continue stirring until broccoli is crisp-tender and turns bright green, 1 to 2 minutes more. Serve at once.
- Serving Size 4 servings
- Calories 263
- Carbohydrate Content 22 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 336 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g