This simple vinaigrette can launch dozens of delicious dressings.
1. Season one part vinegar (or fresh citrus juice) with a pinch of salt.
2. If using flavorings, add to the vinegar and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Whisk in three parts oil, and then adjust the balance of oil and vinegar to taste.
Tips: Start with the basics of oil, vinegar, and salt, and experiment with flavorings such as herbs, shallots, ginger, and chillies. Freshly made vinaigrette tastes best, so make enough for one salad at a time.
This recipe was printed with permission from Tasha DeSerio’s book, Salad for Dinner: Simple Recipes for Salads That Make a Meal.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g