Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
A classic American treat, these whole-grain muffins are tender and moist and make a wonderful addition to the dinner table bread basket.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Fill 8 to 10 standard muffin cups with paper liners or coat with vegetable cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir together both flours, baking powder, orange peel, nutmeg and salt. In medium bowl, whisk together soymilk, syrup, oil and vanilla until combined.
- Add soymilk mixture to flour mixture and stir with wooden spoon just to moisten ingredients; do not overmix or muffins will be tough. Gently fold in most of raspberries; reserve a few berries to sprinkle on top.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling almost to rim. Sprinkle with reserved berries. Fill any empty muffin cups halfway with water (this creates steam for moister muffins and also helps prevent pan from warping).
- Bake until muffin tops are just firm and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool in cups 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size Makes 8 to 10 muffins
- Calories 240
- Carbohydrate Content 40 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 83 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g