Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Spicy, tender apple varieties such as Winesap, Rome, Empire and Gala are best for this quick-cooking treat.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat large baking sheet with cooking spray. Place raisins in small bowl, and cover with boiling water. Soak 5 minutes to plump, then drain.
- Toss together raisins, apples, flour, lemon juice and brown sugar in bowl, and set aside.
- Stir together granulated sugar and cinnamon. Place 1 phyllo sheet on work surface, and lightly coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Top with second phyllo sheet. Repeat with remaining phyllo and sugar.
- Spoon apple mixture into center of phyllo sheets, leaving 2-inch border on all sides. Tuck end borders over apple mixture, then loosely roll into a log. Place seam side down on prepared baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray, and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar. Bake 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Slice on diagonal into 8 portions, and serve.
- Serving Size Serves 8
- Calories 132
- Carbohydrate Content 30 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 71 mg
- Sugar Content 17 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g