Spear vegetable dippers such as broccoli florets, sugar snap peas, red bell pepper pieces, cherry tomatoes and cremini mushrooms with bamboo skewers. For the second course, add rice noodles and soybean sprouts to the broth, and finish the fondue as a noodle soup.
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 stalks fresh lemongrass, white
- 1 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 2 large shallots, coarsely chopped
- 6 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- Bring broth, lemongrass, ginger, shallots, 3 Tbs. lime juice and 1 Tbs. garlic to a simmer in electric fondue pot. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 3 Tbs. lime juice, remaining garlic, soy sauce, basil and pepper flakes in bowl. Divide sauce among 4 dipping bowls.
- Pierce dippers with skewers, and cook in broth mixture until crisp-tender. Serve with dipping sauce.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 7
- Carbohydrate Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 27 mg