Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
If you are using wooden skewers, remember to soak them in water for at least 1 hour to prevent them from scorching on the grill.
- In small bowl, whisk together lime juice, tamari, sugar, oil, garlic and peppers.
- Blot tofu dry with paper towels and cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes. Place in shallow glass or ceramic dish. Spoon half the lime juice mixture over tofu, stirring gently to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours or up to 1 day. Stir 1 tablespoon water into remaining lime juice mixture (this will become salad dressing), cover and refrigerate.
- Prepare a hot charcoal fire or preheat gas grill on high.
- Remove tofu from marinade, reserving marinade for basting. Alternately thread tofu cubes and red pepper pieces onto four 14-inch or eight 10-inch skewers. In large bowl, combine watercress, cucumber and bean sprouts.
- Lightly oil grill rack. Grill tofu skewers, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade, until lightly browned on all sides, 6 to 8 minutes total.
- Toss watercress salad with reserved dressing. Divide salad among plates and top with tofu skewers. Sprinkle with peanuts and serve right away.
- Serving Size 4 servings
- Calories 209
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 496 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g