Four of these omega-3-packed bites served over grains makes a great supper.
- serving (4 stuffed mushrooms)Servings
- 1 cup walnut halves, plus 16 more for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup cooked brown lentils
- 4 tsp. balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1 tsp. dried rubbed sage
- 1 tsp. toasted walnut oil
- 16 large button mushrooms (2-inch diameter), stems removed
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
1. Purée 1 cup walnuts with parsley and garlic in food processor until thick and pasty. Add lentils, 2 tsp. vinegar, sage, and walnut oil; purée until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
2. Fill each mushroom cap with 11/2 Tbs. walnut mixture, and press remaining walnut halves into filling. Place on plate.
3. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, round side down, and cook 5 minutes, or until mushrooms begin to release their juices and brown on bottom, shaking pan occasionally. Carefully add broth to pan, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 10 to 15 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender and filling has puffed and browned slightly. Remove mushrooms from pan, then add remaining 2 tsp. vinegar to pan. Simmer 1 to 2 minutes, or until sauce thickens slightly. Serve mushrooms drizzled with sauce.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 314
- Carbohydrate Content: 14 g
- Fat Content: 27 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 85 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g