For exclusive access to all our stories, including sequences, teacher tips, video classes, and more, join Outside+ today.
Lentils and sweet root vegetables make a hearty main-dish salad.
1. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Rinse the lentils well. Add the lentils to the pot and cook until just tender, about 25 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
2. Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat to 400°F. Pile the celery, root vegetables, and thyme on a large rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Use your hands to mix and coat the vegetables evenly with oil and then spread in a single layer on the sheet.
3. Roast the vegetables, stirring after 10 minutes or so, and continue to cook until tender and golden on the edges, about 15 minutes longer.
4. Combine the lentils, vegetables, and parsley in a large bowl. Drizzle with the vinegar and another tablespoon of oil and toss to combine.
Recipe printed with permission from Bi-Rite Market’s Eat Good Food, by Sam Mogannam and Dabney Gough.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g