Recipe by Natural Gourmet Institute
- 10 servingsServings
For the salad:
- 1 1/2 cups pinto beans, soaked overnight
- 2 inch piece rinsed kombu
- 15 fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1 bunch radishes, brunoise cut (fine dice)
- 1 bunch chives, sliced thinly
- 1 bunch watercress
For the dressing:
- 2 1/1 tablespoons shoyu
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons rice syrup
- Dash of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Bring beans, kombu and water (enough to cover beans, plus 3 inches above) to full pressure in a pressure cooker. Lower flame and cook for 30 minutes.
2. In a medium skillet, lightly sauté shiitakes in olive oil. Set aside.
3. Place shiitakes, onion and radishes in a medium mixing bowl.
4. In a small bowl, combine shoyu, mustard, rice syrup and vinegars. Slowly whisk in olive oil until emulsified. Pour dressing over vegetables.
5. Drain beans, add to vegetables and toss until well combined.
6. Gently mix in chives and watercress right before serving.
See Also: Refried Soba Noodles with Vegetables