Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
The Parmesan toasts can be made a day ahead. Store airtight at room temperature. Re-warm in 350°F oven 3 minutes.
- Make toasts: Preheat oven to 350°F. In small saucepan, melt butter with oil and garlic over medium heat. Remove from heat. Brush butter mixture over both sides of bread slices.
- Arrange bread in single layer on baking sheets. Sprinkle cheese over bread. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Bake until bread is crisp, about 13 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine spinach and radicchio.
- In medium saucepan, bring oil, vinegar, wine and shallot to a simmer over medium heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Immediately pour dressing over salad. Let stand 5 minutes, then toss to coat.
- Divide salad among plates. Sprinkle with nuts and serve with warm toasts.
- Serving Size 6 Servings
- Calories 237
- Carbohydrate Content 5 g
- Cholesterol Content 15 mg
- Fat Content 22 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 210 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g