Instead of using rum and simple syrup, Ramirez opts for summer fruits and chia seeds for a fiber boost.
- 2 1/4 cups watermelon chunks
- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup frozen banana chunks
- 15 fresh mint leaves
- Juice of 1½ limes
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 3/4 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 lime wedges, for garnish
- In a blender, combine watermelon, strawberries, bananas, ¾ cup water, 6 ice cubes (optional), mint leaves, lime juice, and lemon zest until smooth.
- Particularly juicy watermelon can add a lot of water, so if the smoothie seems too thin, add more ice cubes until you get a thick texture.
- Divide among four glasses; top each with chia seeds and a lime wedge.
See also Raspberry Mojito Mocktail
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 86
- Carbohydrate Content: 23 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g