A classic Italian combo—white beans, roasted peppers, and watercress—gets the tartine treatment here. If the bean purée seems too thick to spread, add a couple of tablespoons of water to thin it out when blending.
- 1 14-oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. grated lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 cups watercress, stems trimmed
- 1 jarred roasted red bell pepper, drained and thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 6 slices roasted garlic bread, toasted
- Purée beans, lemon juice, lemon zest, and garlic in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Toss together watercress, roasted red bell pepper, onion, vinegar, and olive oil in bowl.
- Spread each toast slice with 2 Tbs. cannellini bean mixture. Arrange watercress mixture on top.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 250
- Carbohydrate Content: 32 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 346 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g