Serve this easy entrée with a tossed salad and crusty, whole grain bread.
- 1 15.5-oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbs. olive oil, or as needed
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce for garnish, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Purée first 6 ingredients in food processor or blender until smooth, adding more oil if needed to process. Transfer to bowl.
- Fold in peas and breadcrumbs. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Shape mixture into 6 patties, about 1/3 cup each.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray, and warm over medium heat. Cook patties 5 minutes, or until golden. Spray tops of patties, flip and cook 5 minutes more, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, warm spaghetti sauce, if using, in small pan or microwave.
- Serve patties with spaghetti sauce, if desired, and parsley.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 183
- Carbohydrate Content: 24 g
- Cholesterol Content: 35 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 367 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g