This robust soup is extra easy to prepare, thanks to the food processor. Bits of potato and pureed cannellini beans add creamy richness.
Meal plan: While the soup is cooking, toast a few slices of Italian bread in a 400F oven, then immediately rub warm slices with cut sides of garlic. Also toss up a simple salad of prewashed spinach, soy “bacon” bits and a low-fat balsamic dressing.
- In food processor, mince garlic. Add onion and pulse until finely chopped. Remove to plate. Add carrots to food processor and coarsely chop.
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion mixture and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in diced potato and 1 1/2 cups broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until potato is tender, about 10 minutes.
- In food processor, puree half the beans, adding a little remaining broth to thin. Add bean puree, remaining whole beans and remaining 1 cup broth to potato mixture in saucepan. Stir well and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in parsley, salt and pepper and serve.
- Serving Size 6 servings
- Calories 250
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 12 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 881 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g