White chocolate often plays second fiddle to dark and milk. These moist squares put white chocolate back on top, while giving coconut and almond flavors room to shine.
- ½ cup butter (1 stick), cut into pieces
- 1½ cups white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup tightly packed sweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 11- x 7-inch baking pan with cooking spray; line bottom of pan with parchment or foil, and coat again with cooking spray.
2. Combine white chocolate, butter, and sugar in bowl set over pot of simmering water. Heat until melted and smooth. Cool 5 minutes; stir in eggs and vanilla, and then flour. Fold in coconut.
3. Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle almonds over surface, and bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until top is golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely before cutting into 24 squares.
- Serving Size: Makes 24 bites
- Calories: 151
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Cholesterol Content: 30 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 48 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g