The problem with this ||junk food|| treat is that you can't eat just one. But it could be worse. These irresistible treats are made with soy nuts. They are high in protein, and although they do contain fat, it's the kind of fat that is rich in beneficial omega-3s. When you meet someone who doesn't like soy, try this on him or her.
- 12 oz. white chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup roasted soy nuts (2 1/2 oz.)
- 3/4 cup cashew pieces (scant 4 oz.)
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- Line two baking sheets with parchment or wax paper and set aside.
- Put chocolate in top of double boiler set over hot (not boiling) water. Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove pan from water. Gently stir in soy nuts, cashews and noodles.
- Drop mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets, spacing well apart and shaping into neat heaps. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serving Size: Makes 24
- Calories: 132
- Carbohydrate Content: 13 g
- Cholesterol Content: 3 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 57 mg