Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Variation: For carrot bread, substitute 2 cups grated carrots for the zucchini and raisins for the nuts. To make carrot-zucchini bread, use 1 cup grated carrot and 1 cup grated zucchini.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 9- by 5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In large bowl, mix both flours, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add pecans if using. Make well in center of mixture.
- In small bowl, lightly beat egg and egg white (or Egg Replacer if using). Stir in sugar, milk, applesauce and vanilla until blended. Stir in zucchini. Add to dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 1 hour or until tester inserted into center comes out clean. Remove to wire rack and cool for 10 minutes. Turn out onto rack, invert right-side up and cool completely.
- Serving Size Makes 16 slices
- Calories 138
- Carbohydrate Content 29 g
- Cholesterol Content 11 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 165 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g