Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This sauce for the ravioli is equally delicious spooned over polenta or grains.
- Combine porcini with boiling water. Let stand 20 minutes. Drain through fine sieve, reserving liquid. Chop.
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots, shiitakes, porcini and crushed red pepper. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring, 5 minutes, until mushrooms release their juices. Add wine, and cook about 5 minutes, or until almost dry.
- Add porcini liquid, beans, tomatoes, thyme, salt and pepper. Cover; increase heat to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, and cook, partially covered, 15 minutes.
- Purée 1 cup sauce, and return to pot. Stir in lemon juice and parsley. Taste for salt. Serve over ravioli, saving leftover sauce for another use.
- Serving Size Makes about 4 cups
- Calories 140
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 230 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g