Socca, a flat bread made with chickpea flour, is layered with mushrooms and tomatoes to create a perfect-sized entrée for two. For a romantic twist, make a single stack, set it in the middle of the table, and share.
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. Whisk together chickpea flour, salt, and pepper in medium bowl. Slowly whisk in 1 cup lukewarm water, then 1 Tbs. oil. Set aside.
3. Heat remaining 1 tsp. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and thyme; cover, and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms, and sauté 8 minutes. Stir in wine, and cook 4 minutes more, or until most of liquid has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cover, and keep warm over low heat.
4. Pour chickpea mixture into prepared loaf pan. Bake 7 minutes, or until socca feels firm and edges appear set. Sprinkle with cheese, if using. Return to oven, and bake 2 minutes more. Cut into 4 rectangles (or 2 squares if making a single serving for two).
5. Drizzle plates with half of Slow-Roasted Plum Tomatoes and Sauce. Lay first layer of socca on plates. Spoon half of mushroom mixture over socca, and top with generous helping of Slow-Roasted Plum Tomato halves. Add second socca layer, followed by remaining mushroom mixture. Drizzle with remaining sauce, and garnish with remaining tomatoes.
- Serving Size Serves 2
- Calories 491
- Carbohydrate Content 55 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 26 g
- Fiber Content 11 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 210 mg
- Sugar Content 27 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g