Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
You can speed preparation of this dish by purchasing preprepared wild rice, available in foil packets at some specialty food stores. From Mollie Katzens Sunlight Café.
- Heat skillet over medium heat, about 1 minute. Add olive oil and mushrooms and cook 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook 5 minutes more. Stir in garlic and lemon juice and remove pan from heat.
- Beat eggs in bowl. Whisk in flour and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir in cooked mushrooms, including all juices. Add scallions, wild rice, goat cheese and black pepper, and stir until well combined.
- Wipe out skillet and return to medium heat. After 1 to 2 minutes, spray lightly with nonstick vegetable spray and add butter, if using.
- When pan is hot enough to sizzle bread crumb, using 1/2-cup measure, scoop up batter and pour into hot pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until pancakes are golden.
- Serve hot, warm or at room temperature with one or more of toppings suggested above.
The two red wine grapes of Burgundy are Pinot Noir and Gamay, the latter used for Beaujolais. Wild rice, goat cheese and earthy mushrooms match well with a Beaujolais, such as Morgon, Grand Cru, Anne-Marie Perret, Domaine des Grand Cras.
- Serving Size Serves 4
- Calories 330
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 240 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 830 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g