This colorful entrée incorporates American wild rice as well as European flavors—making it truly international.
- 1 2.75-oz. pkg. instant wild rice
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 6 oz. broccoli rabe, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 Tbs.)
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Cook wild rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add broccoli rabe and red pepper, and sauté 3 minutes, or until broccoli rabe starts to wilt.
- Stir in garlic, oregano, crushed red pepper and wild rice, and sauté 5 minutes more, or until pepper strips are soft and dish is heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon onto plates, and sprinkle with cheese crumbles.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 214
- Carbohydrate Content: 21 g
- Cholesterol Content: 13 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 394 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g