You can prepare the salad plates a few hours ahead and hold at room temperature, covered with plastic wrap. Make the vinaigrette a day or two ahead; shake well and drizzle over salads just before serving.
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (4 oz.)
- 6 cups mesclun (mixed baby lettuces), rinsed and dried
- 2 Bosc pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 6 fresh figs, cut into eighths
- 4 oz. Parmesan cheese, shaved (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread walnuts in baking pan and bake until lightly toasted, stirring once or twice, about 7 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Line plates with mesclun. Arrange pear slices on top in fan shape. Scatter figs and cheese over pears. Sprinkle toasted walnuts and parsley over salads.
- Make vinaigrette: In glass jar with tight-fitting lid, combine all ingredients and shake well. Just before serving, drizzle vinaigrette over salads and serve.
- Serving Size: 6 servings
- Calories: 352
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Cholesterol Content: 13 mg
- Fat Content: 26 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 396 mg