- 2 medium sweet potatoes, baked
- 8 oz. uncooked lentils, rinsed
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely chopped ( 1/2 cup)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped ( 3/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs. maple syrup
- 2 slices whole-grain bread, broken into small pieces
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350ûF. Pierce sweet potatoes and bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in large saucepan, bring 4 to 5 cups water to a boil. Add lentils, carrot, onion and celery and simmer, partially covered, 30 to 45 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Peel and mash sweet potatoes. Add syrup and mix well. Add drained lentil mixture, bread pieces and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Form mixture into patties. In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook patties in oil, until browned, 2 minutes per side. Serve warm.
- Serving Size: 10 Servings
- Calories: 144
- Carbohydrate Content: 26 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 38 mg