Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This Israeli dessert is the perfect treat for those times you want to end a meal with something sweet but not too heavy. Both the sauce and the yogurt crème will keep up to one week in the fridge.
- Place yogurt in strainer lined with cheesecloth or coffee filters. Set over bowl. Cover, and drain in fridge 2 hours, or overnight.
- Combine juice from 2 grapefruit, Marsala and sugar in saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 20 to 30 minutes, or until thickened and reduced by half. Skim off foam. Cool.
- Whisk honey and cinnamon into drained yogurt. Spoon into 6 dessert glasses.
- Peel remaining grapefruit, separate sections, and cut into bite-sized pieces, removing seeds. Stir grapefruit into reduced sauce. Spoon sauce over yogurt, and garnish with mint leaves, if desired.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 205
- Carbohydrate Content 48 g
- Cholesterol Content 3 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 95 mg
- Sugar Content 28 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g