Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Impress guests with your knife skills when you serve these sautéed matchsticks that are really easy to cut, as you’ll see below. Have all your ingredients prepped and ready to go before you turn on the skillet—the dish cooks very quickly because the zucchini are sliced so small.
1. Cut each zucchini crosswise into 3 2 1/2-inch-long cylinders. Stand each cylinder upright, then shave 1/8-inch-thick strips away from seedy core. Discard core. Cut zucchini strips into matchsticks. You should have about 3 cups.
2. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini, and season with salt, if desired. Sauté
2 minutes, or until zucchini are tender. Transfer to plate.
3. Heat remaining 1 Tbs. oil in skillet over medium heat. Add pine nuts and garlic. Sauté 1 minute, or just until mixture is straw colored. Stir in vinegar, raisins, and capers. Cook 30 seconds, then return zucchini to skillet and stir to heat through. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serving Size Serves 4
- Calories 124
- Carbohydrate Content 9 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 69 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g